This is a mortgage loan program.
I am the Realtor! The person who helps you find the house, negotiate a good price etc.
Don’t forget about me, when you get to the home search part!
I’m always looking for ways to help make it easier to purchase a home. And, I found a good one this time!
It is called NACA or Neighbor Assistance Corporation of America. Their goal is private and fight predatory mortgage lending. So, they have teamed up to create a loan that will allow future homeowners to purchase homes without the high interest rates, fees, points… and the list goes on!
So, they offer a true no money down, no closing program. And, the best part is you DON’T need perfect credit! Okay, this is how the program works.
- You must attend their mandatory informational seminar. It explains how the program works and gives complete details on what is needed to qualify for the loan.
- After the seminar, you will make an appointment with the Housing Counselor.
- The counselor will run your credit and go over your payment history, as well as go over your overall financial history. (Credit score does not matter.)
- *Note- You can NOT have any accounts late, in collections, or liens (including medical) within the last 24 months. They will need to be paid off, settled for less with documentation to confirm, or on a payment plan.
- Must be able to show at least 12 months on time payments for all accounts. (There are exceptions to this rule.)
- Your out-of-pocket cost will be approx. $3,500. Consisting of Earnest money $1,0000, home inspection between $350-$500, homeowners insurance $600, pre-paids $1,200.
- Maximum loan amount $251,713 anywhere in Dallas/ Fort Worth area.
- Requires at least 1 year steady employment for W-2s. Self-employed requires 2 years tax returns.
- Must show a steady monthly savings pattern in one bank account. Not through multiple accounts. Specifically, savings for the difference of current monthly rent payment and future mortgage payment. For example, your current rent is $800 a month, but your mortgage payment will be $1500. You must be able to show you can afford the additional $700 in mortgage shock.
- You don’t have to be a first time buyer. However, you cannot currently be named on a mortgage.
The seminar is of course more detailed, but those are some of the main points. You can sign up for the seminar on www.naca.com. They are generally held every Saturday of the month at a church in the area.
Let me know if you need help signing up!
So, I drove all the way to Frisco yesterday to have my fill of Swedish meatballs and to stroll through the IKEA store to see what caught my decorative eye. It was a MAD HOUSE! Oh my goodness, their were people everywhere and even more kids running and jumping trying to relieve their boredom. Needless to say, my stroll did not go as planned. I came out a desk rack and wooden hangers. Oh and by the way, we stood in line for one hour for those meatballs.
So, I have decided to never go to IKEA again! Until the Grand Prairie store opens of course! I can handle the madness without an hour drive tacked on.
Sooo, I did some digging and the new Grand Prairie IKEA is scheduled to open November 2017 on the east side of state highway 161 and Mayfield Rd. north of I-20. Yeah, that’s jibberish to me too. But, its 14 miles from downtown Dallas and 18 miles from downtown Fort Worth. Which equals less than 10 miles from my house.
Woo-hoo!! Oops, I almost dribbled on myself from the excitement!
This is what the store is supposed to look like when it done.
If you have never experienced an IKEA store, you have to stop in to check it out. They have everything for your home at great prices. And, they give you showrooms with decorating ideas. It’s a great place to linger and be inspired.
Am I the only one excited here?!
Parents the school year is almost over in the Dallas/ Fort Worth area. Don’t forget to give your child’s teacher a nice gift for all the work they did for your child this school term. A little appreciation for the person who cares for your child all day goes a long way!!
And, of course I have teacher gift ideas for you.
1. A thank you card written/drawn by your child.
2. Gift cards to their favorite restaurant/store <<<Remember, no amount is too small. A $5 gift card to Subway is lunch!
4. Personalized cup/coffee mug
5. Their favorite thing… (Ask your child, you’ll be surprised the things they know about their teacher!)
6. Personal school supplies for next year. Ex. sticky notes, pens, sharpies, etc.
7. A craft made by your child or you if you’re crafty.
8. Or something your child personally picks out for them. (My son picked out a cowboys rubber ducky, cowboys necklace and a dancing solar light plant. He was so proud to give her the gift and she loved it!)
It doesn’t have to be extravagant. Just something that let’s them know they are appreciated. I know it gets tricky in the higher grades when they have multiple teachers. I would go with thank you cards for each signed by my child. And, maybe a gift for their fav if they want.
Just little ole’ me and all of my ideas!!
As a Mother, I understand how difficult it can be trying to make important decisions like searching for a home, with your kids in tow. I have a view ideas that hopefully make house hunting with your kids a little more painless.
1. Look for a kid friendly real estate agent/Realtor.
2.Depending on their age get them involved in the house hunt. Let them know why you are looking for a home and how it will benefit them when you find the right home. (Ex. they get their own room, a pool etc.).
2. Give them a check list marking off what they like and dislike about each house.
3. Don’t view more than 5 houses in a day. More than that is enough to wear on anyone’s nerves.
4. If your kids are more active perhaps, you and your spouse can take turns viewing the home while the other stays outside with the children.
6. If you have infant to toddler aged children, make sure they are well rested and take lots of snacks!
Hopefully, this helps take some of the anxiety out of taking the kids along. If you have other ideas, please add them in the comments section!